High Voltage Engineering and Testing Training Course
19 - 21 September 2023
Pendulum Conference Centre, Manchester, UK
Also included in the course is a technical visit to Deeside Centre for Innovation on 22 September 2023
HVET returns for its 26th year!
HVET is the only training course of its kind, providing information and insight into the methods, techniques and technologies within the high voltage testing and transmission engineering industry.
From the basics of high voltage power systems, to more advanced methodology and practice, the course covers individual components and fundamental aspects of high voltage testing techniques both in the classroom and in an active high voltage testing lab.
You’ll gain expert tuition from engineering practitioners and learn through interactive sessions, industrial experiences and case studies. All attendees also receive a copy of High-Voltage Engineering and Testing, 3rd edition as part of their registration.
What to expect from the course:
- Three days of interactive training through in-depth seminar sessions.
- Live demonstrations at the University of Manchester’s National Grid HV Research Lab.
- Optional Technical visit to Deeside Centre for Innovation on 22 September (places are limited, join our waitlist to attend today)
- A copy of High Voltage Engineering and Testing, 3rd edition.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout.
- Drinks reception on day one, networking dinner on day two.
Key themes of the course
- High voltage overhead power lines
- High voltage system components and cables
- High voltage testing techniques
- High voltage system stresses and insulation coordination
- Testing for endurance and reliability
- Renewable integration
- Lifetime asset management
- The future of electricity networks.
What past attendees say
'Probably the most I have learnt in a week technically. Was a good use of a week!'
'Would certainly recommend this course as it gives you a good overview of the latest developments in industry and where the UK power industry is headed.'
'Enjoyed the course, good content and learning opportunity.'
'Solid engineering knowledge, practical application, variety of subjects, an amazing experience.'
High-Voltage Engineering and Testing, 3rd Edition
This book describes strategic developments in the field and reflects on how they can best be managed. All the key components of high voltage and distribution systems are covered including electric power networks, UHV and HV.
All HVET course attendees receive a copy of the book as part of their registration.